woensdag 20 maart 2013

Rock and Roll with some trouble

Hii guys, so.. you haven't heard from me for a while now. Well that's because my computer broke down, that's why there is 'some trouble' in the title, but don't worry I got a new computer yesterday and install everything today.

A lot happened since the last blog. It was St. Patrick's day. Although I didn't really celebrate it I did notice it on the street, like a poodle who was painted all green yeah you don't see that every day. On St. Patrick's day I went too the Sunday afternoon church with Bob and Leslie, it was a really nice experience, and we stayed there too have dinner because Leslie cooked Nicaragua food. Because she and a few other people went to Nicaragua for a volunteer project. The food was wonderful and I met some fun people at the church. After dinner there was a Rock and Roll concert, so the choir sung Rock and Roll songs which was really good, and some times really funny. But they did the concert because the senior High School students need money to go on a trip to the UK they will preform a musical there in churches. The concert was really fun to watch and I had a fun time there :D

Monday was the day of my placement test, which were math and ESL ( English as a second language) and it was really weird because I was the only white girl or even the only white person that was taking the placement test that day. But that's fine, I just felt left out a bit because they were speaking Chinese and I couldn't understand a thing :P The results were good for the tests from the English test the result came Level 6 which is the highest level in ESL and for math 93 points for math elementary and I have no idea what that means XD but I'm not thinking of taking any math classes, so i'm fine with it.  

Tuesday I went to shop for my laptop so there isn't anything special about that day, but today ( Wednesday)  I had my first day of orientation some parts were a bit boring but I met a lot of fun people and I learned some stuff, and I registered for the classes that I want to take. The first one is acting, second one ESL class third counseling ( you have to take this if your a new student) fourth one singing and fith one is anthropology. So I'm really excited!!

Tomorrow I've got another day of orientation and on Friday I'll probably go to San Francisco but we will see

Sadly I don't have any photo's today, but I'll make sure to put some extra on the next blog!

Well bye guys!! and I'll write to you later :)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten